December 21, 2020
Agnes offers a system update and outtakes from two seasonal headlines and arguments: "White Christmas Allegedly Mugged By Black Christmas" and "Baby It's Cold Outside Accused Of Harassment"!
As promised, more on workplace safety from The Atlantic in response to Tom Cruise's inspirational speech on the matter!
Find the featured suspects—here!
"Baby It’s Cold Outside"
December 3, 2020
The launch of Season 2 is thwarted as Season 1 holds it hostage, refusing to accept the end of its tenure, not seeing Season 2 as a legitimate successor. While Dr. Wu consults with renowned negotiators to end the stalemate between the Seasons, Agnes The Announcer patches into Dr. Wu’s “What We’re Listening To” channel which turns out to be an audio feed mashup of searches into pet advice and survival tactics!
November 23, 2020
Dr. Wu gets infected with a virus in the form of Teddy Fuller, the main character in last week’s episode. Teddy takes over part two of The Peace Offering to offer perspective on his story and Dr. Wu’s channeling skills, defining the doctor as an “unreliable narrator.”
November 16, 2020
Wu and Botsplainer present a teaser for season 2 in the form of a faction story, The Peace Offering—a mashup of trending topics spun into a fictional story about the pursuit of peace going off the rails.
November 9, 2020
Wu and Botsplainer react to the top trending video on YouTube at 5:28 pm EST on November 9th, 2020—Biden Victory Cold Open - SNL.
Watch the video clip on the NBC hit program Saturday Night Live's YouTube channel!
October 26, 2020
Wu and Botsplainer celebrate Halloween by cataloging the top three scariest or best horror movies with the help of Fear who offers input into the scariest moments of life and what makes them so much fun!
For more on Halloween, horror, and human hormones that make up the thrill of fear, check out our source material @thechannelshow on Facebook or at thechannelshow.podbean.com!
Read the rest of this entry »
October 19, 2020
As a learning tool, Wu and Botsplainer play their first game of Cards Against Humanity (CAH)! They are joined by the AI re-enactors who help them see how different scenarios and answers may play out!
Here's more promised material on CAH, machine learning (also known as/often confused with artificial intelligence), and life everlasting—
Don't take our word for it—stop by the CAH Lab and see for yourself!
Read the rest of this entry »
October 12, 2020
Wu and Botsplainer welcome Fear on to deconstruct Little Orphan Annie and point out the broken promises inherent in her hit song The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow. With special guest appearances by Google Dictionary and an AI Genii!
As promised, more info from the episode items!
- Go here to find This American Life episode 713: Made to Be Broken and here to learn more about Kimberlé Crenshaw:
- “I'm going to stop the recording for a second and just read you the quote so you can sit with it during this last part. It goes, "Treating different things the same can generate as much an inequality as treating the same things differently.”
- Find the two famous Tomorrows in song
- Here (There’s Always Tomorrow—courtesy MCA Special Products (Copyright: © 1969 MCA Records Inc.) and
- Here (Alicia Morton's rendition of The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow courtesy SME c/o Sony Classical).
- For some deeper insight into the Jinn or Jinni or Genni, visit our friend Britannica!